This year’s International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) 2022 Annual Meeting will feature a silent auction to support the IAFP Foundation.
The IAFP 2022 Annual Meeting is set for July 31-Aug. 3 in Pittsburgh, PA.
IAFP is asking for donations of auction items. Some of the items that were donated in the past include:
- Handmade Shawl
- Laboratory Icon Bracelet
- Norwegian Aquavit and Milk Chocolate
- Signed Asian Art
- Regional Themed Gift Baskets
- Kindle Fire Gift Basket
- iPad Mini
- Stinger Flashlight
- University-themed Gift Baskets
- Gift Certificates
- Food and Wine Products
- Autographed Books
- Company-themed Gift Baskets
- Hand-knit Scarf
- Coach Handbags
- Custom-designed Necklaces
If you’re interested in donating, you can fill out a donation form here.
The Foundation is also funded through contributions from corporations and individuals. A portion of the support is provided by the Sustaining Membership of IAFP.
Programs currently supported by the Foundation include the following:
- Travel support for IAFP Annual Meeting speakers
- Travel support for IAFP European Symposium speakers
- Travel support for speakers at global IAFP conferences
- IAFP Webinars
- Student Travel Scholarships for IAFP’s Annual Meeting
- Student Travel Scholarships for IAFP’s European Symposium
- Ivan Parkin Lecture
- John H. Silliker Lecture (Funded through a contribution from Mérieux NutriSciences, Inc.)
- Undergraduate Student Competition at IAFP’s Annual Meeting
- Developing Scientist Student Competition at IAFP’s Annual Meeting
- Developing Scientist Student Competition at IAFP’s European Symposium
- Travel Award for Food Safety Professionals in a Country with a Developing Economy
- Travel Award for State or Provincial Health or Agricultural Department Employees
You can still register for the IAFP 2022 Annual Meeting here.
The IAFP annual conference provides attendees with information on current and emerging food safety issues; the latest science, innovative solutions to new and recurring problems; and the opportunity to network with thousands of food safety professionals from around the globe. Set in various locations throughout North America, this event has grown over the years to become the leading food safety conference worldwide.
In a usual year, the IAFP Annual Meeting is attended by about 4,000 of the top industry, academic and governmental food safety professionals from six continents. The event is known for the quantity, quality, and diversity of each year’s program; the quality and relevance of exhibits sharing the latest in available technologies; leading experts speaking on a variety of timely topics; and special recognition of outstanding professionals and students for their contributions in the food safety field.
IAFP officials say the non-profit organization is committed to producing a high-quality program, including presentations, general sessions, symposia, poster exhibits and award recognitions. The event also includes a trade show for businesses, governmental and non-gonvernmental entities, and academic institutions.
For a better idea of what the event is like, a 2021 IAFP recap video can be viewed here.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here)