Hy-Vee, Inc. is recalling all varieties and all sizes of its Hy-Vee Potato Salad and Mealtime Potato Salad because of a presumptive positive microbial result on the line that the potatoes were processed on.
While final test results are not expected for approximately 7-10 days, due to the holiday weekend Hy-Vee elected to withdraw all product from its shelves and service cases pending final test results.
The recall includes all varieties and all sizes of Hy-Vee Potato Salad and Mealtime Potato Salad available from grab-and-go refrigerated cases and/or deli service cases in all Hy-Vee, Hy-Vee Drugstore and Dollar Fresh Market locations – as well as Hy-Vee Fast and Fresh convenience stores – across the company’s eight-state region of Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
The expiration dates are between July 31, 2022, and Aug. 4, 2022.
- HY-VEE OLD FASHIONED POTATO SALAD
- HY-VEE COUNTRY STYLE POTATO SALAD
- HY-VEE DIJON MUSTARD POTATO SALAD
- HY-VEE GREEN ONION & EGG POTATO SALAD
- HY-VEE CHIPOTLE RANCH POTATO SALAD
- HY-VEE DICED RED SKIN POTATO SALAD
- HY-VEE LOADED BAKED POTATO SALAD
- MEALTIME OLD FASHIONED POTATO SALAD
- MEALTIME COUNTRY STYLE POTATO SALAD
- MEALTIME DIJON MUSTARD POTATO SALAD
As of the posting of this recall, there have been no reports of illness or complaints involving the products.
Customers who have purchased any of these products are urged not to consume the product and dispose of it or return it to their local Hy-Vee for a full refund.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, click here)